Christopher Shaun Godwin
A high-energy and results-driven senior IT and systems manager with demonstrated experience in database administration, systems analysis/systems engineering, data applications services, and network administration.
Established capabilities in data migration, installations, integrations, end-user support, and project management. Utilizes outstanding technical knowledge to collaborate on solutions and process implementations. An analytical and industrious top performer who contributes to the efficiency and stability of an organization.
Charles Schwab, Austin, TX
Manager of Software Development and Engineering, January 2020-Present
- Produced highly usable and scalable web software solutions using advanced development technologies
- Implemented application deployment architecture for fortune 500 level enterprise scalability
- Increased Communication and decreased blockers at various organizational levels.
- Solving bushiness problems in a dynamic customer-focused team environment
- A commitment to regularly improving the technical and professional skills of the team.
- Overseeing acquiring new skill through the interview process
- Coached team learning emerging technologies and growing the knowledge of team members
- Reviewed the team's pull requests
- Lead planning, and sprint retros, documentation and deployment status reviews
- Defined integration and deployment standards, uses of tools and cloud patterns
- Drove documentation and then approval process for acceptance criteria.
- Drove testing patterns, code patterns and service relationship
- Drove security first planning schemes which became the Cloud culture
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, January 2020-July 2022
- Contract to hire
- Setup Ci Infrastructure with Bamboo
- Setup CD Infrastructure with Harness
- Pipeline Migration
- Rapid Learning
- Process Improvement
International Game Technologies PLC (THE LOTTERY), Austin, Texas
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, 2015-2020
- Utilized Vagrant and Docker to mirror entire production stacks within laptop for developers, pushing updates to their environments seamlessly.
- Oversaw and approved half of all team merge requests for DevOps code.
- Conducted automation of Jenkins job creation for several multi-environment systems totaling in hundreds.
- Set up, integrated, built, and released stages for 40 lottery projects.
- Worked with applications that required 25 systems mirrored and highly available.
- Sculpted the CI/CD processes used by the team.
- Responsible for releases of every piece of lottery software to Virginia, California, Texas, North Carolina, and Wisconsin lotteries (Transaction Engine, Gas Station Terminals, Mobile App, Retailer Portal, Lottery Commission Portal, Tableau, Back Office, SMTP, SNMP, HTTPD Forward Proxy, HTTPD Reverse Proxy, HTTPD load balancers, VIPS, App servers, DB Servers).
- Handled over scores of application servers across multiple jurisdictions and projects.
- Built projects with npm, Gradle, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, and built Red Hat and Debian packages.
- Deployed database deltas with Liquibase, Db2 scripts, and Apache Ant scripts.
- Maintained CVS, Apache Subversion, Git, and Red Hat satellite repositories.
- Automated system configuration with Ansible, Puppet and Augeas in combination.
- Wrote custom Puppet resources.
- Processed automation of Ssh logins via Python Pexpect and encryption.
- Performed fully-automated deployment to development and testing servers, totally in developers’ hands.
- Wrote Puppet modules and Ruby YARD documentation that deployed over 16 unique applications.
- Served as primary Puppet/Jenkins support person for other teammates.
- Created installation, release, and rollback plans according to diagrams and application design.
- Executed GitLab and Bitbucket server administration, GitLab and Bitbucket CI/CD.
- Received daily calls working from home, with longest at 21 hours.
- Passed FBI fingerprint background check.
Fire, Well & Tree, Austin, Texas
Senior Developer, DevOps, System Engineer, 2013-2015
- Utilized Vagrant and Docker to mirror app stacks on laptops.
- Guided end-to-end operations from sales to contracts to organizing team to developing.
- Contracted implemented and designating cluster architecture, highly-available fault-tolerant geolocated builds, and cloud provisioning.
- Managed responsibility for over 200 servers previously in IT wild.
- Delegated software engineering tasks to overseas development teams.
- Engineered entire software development process.
- Performed all lead generation and sales.
- Oversaw responsibility for IT contracts for around 200 BSD "chameleon" servers.
- Set up pfSense fw software on Soekris boards and OpenWRT on similar boards for businesses.
- Configured automated system with Puppet.
- Conducted automated system configuration on several systems.
- Developed web and mobile applications from start to finish.
- Implemented custom automated deployment scripts.
- Built core systems and business infrastructure and internal implementation processes.
- Reduced deployment time creating custom deployment playbooks, scripts, and modules.
- Set up bonding on several Linux networks.
- Deployed elastic OpenStack cloud for one customer and Foreman for another running PXE boot process and AOE (ATA over Ethernet frame).
Sundaram, LLC, Austin, Texas
Development Guru, 2011-2013
- Built responsive web applications using sensible technologies.
- Worked in an agile environment with identical production and development systems. Developed changes in code for continuous implementation and QA.
- Managed 20 different web applications of different volumes, with some built and others maintained.
- Coordinated design and development effort to create one final seamless product.
- Solved and overcame unique programming challenges.
- Designed, built, and maintained websites using authoring and scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Conferred with management and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, and choose solutions.
- Evaluated code to ensure validity, structuring, meeting of industry standards, and compatible with browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Maintained understanding of current web technologies and programming practices through continuing education, reading, and participation in professional conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Analyzed user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Developed and validated test routines and schedules to ensure test cases mimicked external interfaces and addressed all browser and device types.
- Crated databases that supported web applications and web sites.
- Collaborated with management and users to develop e-commerce strategies and integrate these strategies with web sites.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
PuppetLabs™ training, Business Networking Groups, years of freelancing for professionals.
Wooer, Connectedness, Achiever, Analytical, Relator, Leadership, Teamwork, Command, Problem-solving, Effective communication skills, Self-direction, Drive, Adaptability, Flexibility, Dependability, Conflict resolution, Flexibility, Leadership, Research, Creativity, Work ethic, Integrity